Barefoot Power is Social Enterprise organization that designs, manufactures and distributes solar technology products specifically for poor people that have the potential to reduce poverty in developing countries. Barefoot Power believes that energy access is one of the key building blocks of economic development and Its focus therefore, is on the most basic use of electricity - lighting. The purpose of this position is to ensure that organizational strategies and policies are developed and implemented to enable the company to realise continued growth, by assessment of marketing opportunities and target markets, intelligence gathering on customers and competitors and formal proposal writing and business model design. The Business Development Manager will also be involved evaluating our solar business and then realizing its full potential, using such tools as marketing, sales, information management and customer service.
Works to expand the company's product and profit revenues by identifying new markets and attracting new clients.
• Researching new business opportunities, and identifying likely sales points
• Develop business plan so as not to lose sight of organizational goals and objectives
• Coordinate, develop and implement policies, procedures and systems to foster the growth of the organisation
• Managing relationships and partnerships with Smart Solar stakeholders including prospective clients, advisors, and technical experts.
• Develop a situation analysis (SWOT analysis) of the company including its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to assist in the development of a strategic plan for the future of the business.
• Developing a strategic plans and sales strategies.
• Undertaking presentations and negotiations with prospective customers.
• Develop and submit fundable business proposals to development partners in the solar lighting sector
• Investigate the economic conditions surrounding solar business activity such as solar industry trends and competition.
• Work to secure sufficient financial resources for the organisations future development or expansion.
• Networking with other solar business people/organisations
• Attend workshops, trade shows, and seminars to keep up-to-date on changes in the industry
MBA degree in Strategic Management • Bachelor of Commerce/Business Degree – Marketing option • A blend of private sector and non-profit organization experience. • At least seven years experience in business development in the private and non-profit sector • Able to adopt a team approach and work with others in pursuing common goals. • A strong entrepreneurial spirit • A proven ability to manage/execute • Strategic mindset and ability to put emerging issues in the context of the Smart Solar vision, mission and strategy • Project management skills • Negotiation skills • Conceptual, analytical and evaluative skills • Good interpersonal and communication skills • Integrity • Excellent planning and organizational skills • Proactive, initiative and good networking skills. • In-depth knowledge in proposal writing
Closing Date: 29 May 2010
Contact Info: Barefoot Power